- Request, complete and submit CSC application and sailing resume.
- At your option, schedule a visit to marina and club yachts.
- Complete membership agreement and submit one time orientation fee.
- Schedule on board orientation (4 hours) on initial yacht of your choice.
- Submit annual club membership fee.
- Practice good seamanship at all times aboard and underway
- Familiarize yourself, crew and guests with boat details, safety procedures and gear
- Be a courteous marina guest
- Obey all pollution, navigation and Rules of the Road, including sailing right of ways!
- When in doubt proceed at a reduced speed…or just stop!
- Reef (reduce sail area) early and before you wish you had reefed!
- Report any issues/problems to CSC
- Leave the yacht ready for your fellow member – as you’d like on your arrival on board.
- Enjoy your time on board and Sailing Chesapeake Bay!
What CSC Provides and What to Bring:
CSC provides the following gear and Items:
- USCG required safety equipment and first aid kit
- Fully equipped galley
- General spares/consumables for rigging and machinery
- General cleaning items
- Cockpit cushions
- Bedding pillows (4)
- Dinghy, oars, engine and gasoline
- Stove and barbecue propane
- All food provisions, drinks, water, ice, etc.
- Bunk linens or sleeping bags
- Personal towels and head sundries
- Rain gear and clothing
- Consumable paper products and galley linens
- Full cleaning of yacht to include head and galley, otherwise additional cleaning service charge will be assessed
- Personal navigation charts or tablet (iPad)