- Request, complete and submit club application and sailing resume
- Schedule yacht visit for initial meeting and orientation
- Execute annual club membership agreement with deposit
- Schedule and complete full boat orientation and competency sail
- Submit annual club membership fee
- Practice good seamanship at all times aboard and underway
- Familiarize yourself, crew and guests with boat details, safety procedures and gear
- Be a courteous marina guest
- Obey all pollution, navigation and Rules of the Road, including sailing right of ways!
- When in doubt proceed at a reduced speed…or just stop!
- Reef (reduce sail area) early and before you wish you had reefed!
- Report any issues/problems to CSC
- Leave the yacht ready for your fellow member – as you’d like on your arrival on board.
- Enjoy your time on board and Sailing Chesapeake Bay!
What CSC Provides and What to Bring:
CSC provides the following gear and equipment:
- USCG required safety equipment and first aid kit
- Fully equipped galley
- Full fuel and water (non-potable) tanks
- General spares/consumables for rigging and machinery
- General cleaning items
- Cockpit cushions
- Bedding pillows (4)
- Dinghy, oars, engine and gasoline
- Stove and barbecue propane
- All food provisions, drinks, water, ice, etc.
- Bunk linens or sleeping bags
- Personal towels and head sundries
- Rain gear and clothing
- Consumable paper products
- Full cleaning of yacht to include head and galley, otherwise additional cleaning service charge will be assessed